Dear Crafters and Vendors,
We hope this letter finds you well. The Batavia Mothers’ Club Foundation (BMCF) is proud to be celebrating our 85th year as a philanthropic organization at the heart of our community. We hope you will be a part of our fundraising efforts.
Our 34th annual Autumn Craft and Vendor Show will take place at Batavia High School. This has proven to be a fantastic venue for us, and we are excited to be returning to the high school for the eighth consecutive year. The high school gymnasium, cafeteria, and common areas are spacious and easily accessible. This great location provides incredible opportunities for advertising, and has proven to draw patrons from both the bustling Randall Road and neighboring towns. Please see our 2019 details below.
Autumn Craft & Vendor Show
Batavia High School
Saturday, October 19th, 2019
9:00AM - 3:00PM
Unlike other shows, BMCF does not charge a commission, just a flat booth fee. With feedback from last year’s show in mind, we are doing are best to make the 2019 Craft Show the best yet! Important details are outlined below.
- We are once again offering an online application. You can complete your entire application online, including uploading photos, and paying the application fee.
- We will not accommodate requests for specific booth locations.
- We will take care to ensure that the final booth layout allows for diversity of booth placement and that crafters and vendors are spread seamlessly through the show.
- The raffle table will be located in the cafeteria, opening up more coveted room in the gym.
The addition of commercial vendors to our show in the past few years has been a great success. We make every effort to avoid accepting vendors whose products are similar to the handmade products sold by crafters. The percentage of vendors accepted into the show will not exceed 25% and will be accepted to the show on a first application with appropriate funding basis.
We continue to focus on improving our advertising. The show will be advertised throughout the Fox Valley community, as well as neighboring communities, and areas of Northwest Indiana and Central Illinois. In addition to press releases and flyers, we also use social media, online event listings, posters, outdoor signage, and cross promotion at other community events.
Our show will feature the ever-popular bake sale, a charity raffle, a 50/50 raffle and lunch services including delivery of lunch orders to participant booths. Since we are one of the first shows of the season, we encourage you to sell autumn and holiday items.
The application process has begun! Rules and Application form are linked below. Additional details below:
- $55 Early Bird booth fee is only available until July 1, 2019
- Applicants who apply after July 1, 2019 will be charged the standard booth fee of $80.00
- Checks will be cashed upon acceptance into show (paper applications only)
- September 20, 2019 is the deadline for Personal Checks (check date and postmark). After this date, payment must be by Cash, Money Order, Cashier's Check, or via our online application.
- Jewelry artists are encouraged to apply early.
- In an effort to keep our show diverse, we will not allow any one category to make up more than 15% of the total booths. You will be notified if your application is waitlisted.
- For example, we accept 12-15 jewelry artists each year, and this category fills up quickly. We try to reserve 2-3 spots for late applicants.
- Requests can be made for electricity or corner booths and will be charged an additional $15, if available.
We look forward to your participation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone; email@example.com or 630-282-3153.